Wednesday, October 3, 2012

31 Days of Blogging Series

I have decided to do the 31 days blogging series. It didn't take long to choose the topic I would be blogging about for 31 days. This has been something I have been struggling with for some time. It has changed as I have matured and changed. My topic is Being Single and Loving Jesus.

I have struggled for sometime about being single. I prayed that God would protect me from men until the right one came along. But I have always loved my "husband" and "children" even though I don't have either. I been convicted of loving "them" and not loving my Savior enough. My recent prayers have been to feel the love that I have for the Lord. I actually felt it a couple of days ago. I woke up and felt immersed in the love. But I want to be in love with Him. At the same time, I for one time in my life I want to be content in being single. It doesn't have to be a long time. But I just want to be content in Jesus alone, because He is the only one who can truly satisfy my want and desires, that no husband or child can begin to quench.

So today is the beginning of a brand new me. I know I can't do it alone. But through Him, I know it is possible. The other thing I am working on is properly tithing  and tithing on time on time. I know so much can happen through tithing. But most importantly I want to be obedient to God. I can't wait to see what happens in the next 31 days. Please pray for me as I embark on this journey to walk closer with the Lord.

This morning, I read this Focus on the Family article about dating a divorced person. It is something that I have had many questions about. But I just want wisdom on. At the end of the article they have three circumstances, with scripture referenced, that they back are acceptable to divorce and remarry. That is something that I will have to work the courage to ask my pastor. This is a concern because, I am part of a group of men and women, and the majority of them are divorced. They are a great bunch of people to hang out with, but am I going to get married hanging out with them? I don't know. Only God has the answer. Only time will tell.
The article I was reading:
http://www.focusonthefamily.com/faith/christian_singles/being_single_and_faithful/reentering_the_dating_scene_after_divorce.aspx

But alas, my concern is me at my current status not what could be or should be.

I bid you farewell until tomorrow.

S

No comments:

Post a Comment